Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:46:40 +0200

<sigh> Another problem with lisp/Makefile.w32-in and bootstraping.

After nmake bootstrap, the DONTCOMPILE files are compiled.

This can cause problems. For example, eshell/esh-maint.el gets compiled
and then during compilation the eshell/*.el files include esh-maint.elc;
at run-time they crash because `assert' and other functions from cl-macs
are not defined.

AFAIK, this happens also in EMACS_21_1_RC.

lisp/makefile.w32-in has these lines:

$(DONTCOMPILE:.el=.elc):

but I'm not sure if they're a leftover from lisp/makefile.in.

I don't see any easy way to keep the DONTCOMPILE files from being
compiled. Deleting the .elc afterwards would be easier, but that doesn't
work.

Any ideas?

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u