Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:36:23 +0200

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:03:13 -0400, "Stefan Monnier"
<monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:

> Check out the end of loaddefs.el.  There's a `no-byte-compile'
> local variable that you can set in the `local variables' section.
> It's much better than DONTCOMPILE.

Yes, I know about no-byte-compile.

I had (perhaps erroneously) supposed there's a reason why some files are
excluded from compilation through the makefile and not via a Local
Variables section (perhaps they're compiled in some phase of the
bootstrapping, or just in some platforms). Isn't? Would it be OK to add
Local Variables sections to those .el files?

Puzzled but thankful,

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u