Re: po.el: line up po-compat.el (gettext)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: po.el: line up po-compat.el (gettext)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:20:06 -0400

    Although I still don't understand why the code doesn't use

            (coding-system-p (intern (downcase name)))

    so as to remove the need for most of those entries (and so that it
    can automatically support new coding systems when they are added to
    Emacs, as long as they use the same name).

It seems reasonable to me in principle.  Handa, is there any reason
why not?  If you think it is correct, would you please install it?