Re: Emacs Mule Devanagari support quite possibly broken

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Emacs Mule Devanagari support quite possibly broken
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:54:53 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> In article <address@hidden>, Arun A Tharuvai <address@hidden> writes:
>>  I noticed that the devanagari script support was rewritten sometime
>>  after the release of Emacs 21.2, and that the current cvs version uses
>>  CDAC fonts instead of the muleindian encoded fonts that come with
>>  intlfonts. However, none of the fonts that I've been able to find
>>  online, that are labelled as CDAC fonts (which by inspection don't
>>  appear to have a single encoding), are available under a free license,

I forgot to mention this page made by Kawabata-san:
        http://www.m17n.org/secure/emacs-indian/index.html
Its screenshot demonstrates the usage very well.
Please access this page as below:
        login: mule-group
        password: multilingualization

Kawabata-san, do you remember why this page is under
`secure' directory?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden