Re: status of utf-8.el, etc [Re: Several serious problems]

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: status of utf-8.el, etc [Re: Several serious problems]
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:37:36 +0900 (JST)

I've just fixed codes in RC.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether we should provide
these two customizable variables or not:
        unify-8859-on-encoding-mode
        utf-translate-cjk

I just insist on that:

o They must be safely set and reset as far as they are
  provided.  I hope this is accomplished by my recent
  changes.

o If we decide that we don't provide them, it should be done
  in 21.3.  With the latest code, stop providing them can be
  done quite easily (and safely).

I'm a little bit tired by the work on those codes.  Please
decide whether we provide them or not.  Once decided not to
provide, I'll adjust the code.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden