Re: send-invisible is not an obvious name

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: send-invisible is not an obvious name
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:51:05 +0200

> > I suggest aliasing it to one or both of
> >  enter-password
> >  password-enter
>
> The normal usage of this command is to call it from a hook

I know.  But just yesterday I worked with a standard 21.2 installation,
where the prompt of scp was not recognised (it is in the current
pretest).  I had to enter my password and since I knew that a comand
existed to do that I tried to gess its name, to no avail.  I had to do a
search for `passord' in the manual to find it.

Since Emacs cannot know of all the programs that ask for a password, and
givent that this is a very important issue, especially when you are not
working on your box, I'd say that:
- the send-invisible command should have at least the two aliases above
- it should be in the comint menu (I do not use menus myself, so I do
  not know whether it is already there) with a comprehensible name