RE: [Patch for Windows implementation of play-sound]

From: jasonr
Subject: RE: [Patch for Windows implementation of play-sound]
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:28:34 +0100 (BST)

In addition to finding another way around the WINVER problem,
I think you should just define HAVE_SOUND instead of
introducing a new conditional USE_W32SOUND.

I am also concerned about the following line:

+  sprintf(sz_cmd_buf,"open \"%s\" alias SulliTech_PlaySound_Device
wait",psz_file);

What is the significance of SulliTech?

It seems to me that is either specific to your hardware,
or you have copied the code from somewhere, which
could expose the FSF to legal risk if we install it.