Re: mh-e 6.2 imminent

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: mh-e 6.2 imminent
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:25:20 -0400

>   So you noticed ;-). In addition to all of the new features, we also
>   took pains to get mh-e to compile cleanly. It now also passes checkdoc
>   cleanly, except for some old boolean variables that don't end in
>   -flag. We'd like to fix those up before committing to Emacs and reduce
>   the user exposure to the change, and obviously bump the major version
>   to reflect that change (7.0).

Don't take checkdoc too literally.  I for one strongly dislike the
idea of using -flag postfixes, as I've already mentioned somewhere,
among other things because it's not a widely followed convention
and because many boolean variables turn into 3-way (or more) variables
over time.
It's more important to keep the old names than to try to follow some
rarely followed convention.

        Stefan