RE: Updated patch for a Windows implementation of play-sound - 2

From: Ben Key
Subject: RE: Updated patch for a Windows implementation of play-sound - 2
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:13:13 -0500

> What would it mean to "state exactly"?  How can you be more explicit
> than our current convention?

With the style of comment that I use, you can do a search for the exact text
within the comment.  This makes it much easier to find the each of the
components of the #if statement, the #if, the #else (if present), and the
#endif part.  With a comment like "!FOO" or "not FOO" you cannot search for
that exact text and find each respective part of the #if block.  This can
make the code much more difficult to read and to understand.

However, I do understand the importance of following programming standards
when programming with a large group.  I will update my code and submit a new
patch.

Since my GNU/Linux system is for the most part up and running (I still
cannot connect to it from my other computers because I have failed to set up
Samba, but I can connect to my other computers from it), I will be able to
test the patch on Windows with MinGW and MSVC 6.0 and on GNU/Linux.