Re: Isearch setting of inhibit-point-motion-hooks too inflexible

From: Gregor Schmid
Subject: Re: Isearch setting of inhibit-point-motion-hooks too inflexible
Date: 29 Oct 2002 08:46:17 +0100

Dear Richard,

>     The following patch against emacs 21.2 will add a new variable
>     `isearch-inhibit-point-motion-hooks' and change `isearch-search' to
>     make use of it.
>
> That would solve your problem, but since it is an all-or-nothing
> choice, we must expect that people using multiple packages will find
> that neither t nor nil gives good results for all of those packages.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't
(make-local-variable 'isearch-inhibit-point-motion-hooks)
solve this if some mode needs a non-default behavior? I don't think
folding/outline type packages can be combined in one buffer anyway.

Best regards,
    Greg

--
Gregor Schmid                           address@hidden