Re: Installing patches without getting legal papers.

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Installing patches without getting legal papers.
Date: 29 Oct 2002 18:19:55 +0100

> Some time ago, RMS recommanded to me that when installing _small_
> patches received from "external sources" without proper legal papers,
> those changes should be marked with "(tiny change)" in the ChangeLog
> [in case you want to attribute the change to the person who submitted
> the patch].

Maintain.texi needs to be amended to that effect.  Currently it says:

@section Acknowledgements
@cindex acknowledgements

Be careful to be clear when giving credit to people that gave good
ideas, or made important bug reports, or made contributions of less
than 15 lines of original code overall.

Do not cite people names in change log files unless they made an
important contributions and we have papers for them (@pxref{Copyright
Papers}).  If this is the case, it is better to have their name as the
change log entry author.