Re: Hiding *Note:: "tags" in info files

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Hiding *Note:: "tags" in info files
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:49:00 +0000 (GMT)

Eli wrote:

> I suggest replacing "*Note" with "See" and removing "*note".

That would make sense in many places, but there are also places where
the *Notes are already in a "sensible" textual scope such as

        See *Note Some Topic:: for details.

Blindingly replacing *Note by See would change that to:

        See See Some Topic for details.

Perhaps we could look at the context and replace *Note by See
if the last non-whitespace character preceeding *Note
is a symbol (such as '.' or ',' or '('), and remove it otherwise.

I'll give it a try...

--
Kim F. Storm  <address@hidden>      http://www.cua.dk