Re: suggested new command `picture-mouse-set-point'

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: suggested new command `picture-mouse-set-point'
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:55:06 +0000 (GMT)

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> The following patch implements the functionality for `insert-file' and
> `insert-file-literally'.
>
> Before commiting it, three questions/issues:
>
>  - I've made it to ask before inserting, instead of blindingly inserting
> *and* issuing a warning.  Which way is preferred?

Well, I would prefer -- now that it has found that modified buffer --
if it would offer to insert that buffer's contents instead of the
original file.

Something like:

File XXX is modified in buffer B.  Insert anyway [ynb]?

where responding 'b' inserts the buffer's contents.

--
Kim F. Storm  <address@hidden>      http://www.cua.dk