Re: xml-mode (from sgml-mode) tag skipping fix

From: md5i
Subject: Re: xml-mode (from sgml-mode) tag skipping fix
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:29:36 -0500

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/emacs/address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks.  I believe that SGML should handle that as well (although
> I'm not quite sure what <foo/> means in SGML) so I think we
> could/should use the patch below instead.
>
> Does anybody know better ?

As far as I am concerned, you can change it this way.  I've looked at
the SGML standard, and it doesn't seem to allow tags of the type
<foo/> anyway.  It does allow tage of the form

<phone-number/555-5555/

but sgml-mode.el doesn't handle these, so I think we're fine.  Seems
like a real wart anyway.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)