Did window scroll notification change?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Did window scroll notification change?
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:47:42 -0700

Eshell's "smart scrolling" functionality does not work at all with
21.3.50.

Eshell puts the function `eshell-smart-scroll-window' locally on
`window-scroll-functions'.  Then, it tries to redisplay the window by
doing (recenter -1) whenever the window would ordinarily be scrolled.

`window-scroll-functions' is being called ad infinitum.  Emacs is
partially locked, but enough C-g gets me to a point where I can
delete the Eshell buffer.

Anybody know when this might have changed?

John