Re: address@hidden: rcs2log]

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: address@hidden: rcs2log]
Date: 02 Nov 2002 13:01:25 +0100

>And still holds true what I've said: we have quite a few -program
>variables for very similar reasons. sql-mode doesn't do any detecting
>'round to find if I have sqlplus.exe or plus80.exe or whatever.

I do not know if that helps, but for example man.el does autodetection
to choose from different syntax sed scripts.  It has a variable
Man-sed-script that is initialised the first time man is called in an
Emacs sssion.

You could set up a -program variable as a defvar inited to nil.  The
first time your function is called in an Emacs session it checks whether
the -program variable is initialized and, if not, it does autodetection
and initializes it.  This way users can force the value of the variable
in their .emacs file.