Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:40:35 +0300

> From: Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:02:42 +0100
>
> I don't understand why it takes that
> long to release a version fixing these encoding related problems.

What's there to understand?  Something needs to do the job of
preparing the tarballs and making decisions which bugs to fix on the
branch and how.  The available resources (manpower and free time) are
obviously not enough to make timely releases.

In addition, I've lost most of my free time since May and my gnu.org
account a couple of months ago.  Thus a very long gap between the last
pretest and the one before that.  Lately, Francesco kindly agreed to
take over, so we finalyy have another pretest.

> I know, resources are limited, but this must not mean to ignore or delay
> serious problems.

Nobody ignores serious problems, please don't assume such things.