Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:54:22 +0300

> Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:56:59 +0100
> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
>
> Still, we're pretesting 21.3 since... when? March or April, at least?
> There's really so big a list of problems with the pretests that we're
> taking six months for a bug-fix release?

I explained elsewhere in this thread that mundane practical problems
caused this delay, in addition to real issues.  I'm sorry that I was
part of the reasons for the delay, but I do have a life.

I'm sure everyone knows that the way to speed up things is to
volunteer to make them happen.

> > Personally, I think it'd be a sad day when the quality of the released
> > Emacs versions will be anywhere near GCC's.  Since GCC 3.0, I don't
> > think there was a released version without a couple of major bugs.  With
> > all its limitations, I'd vote for what we have now in Emacs any time.
>
> Copying some of the procedures does not necessarily mean copying the
> errors.

I think it does mean that.  But this is a different discussion, so I
suggest we drop it for now.