server-start under Windows

From: Ben Key
Subject: server-start under Windows
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 23:45:48 -0500

I have managed to get emacsclient to build under Windows.  However, I cannot
test it because whenever I call server-start, I get a "Unknown address
family" error message.  I spent some time debugging this and I found that it
is being generated by the built in function "make-network-process" in
process.c, line 2749.  I am at a loss as to how to resolve this problem.  If
someone could help me resolve this issue, I might be able to complete my
Windows port of emacsclient this weekend.

For those of you who are interested in knowing how I got emacsclient to
build under Windows, it was actually pretty easy, but time consuming.  All I
really needed to do was copy a bunch of code from w32.c (the socket related
functions such as  sys_connect, sys_gethostname and sys_socket and the user
information functions such as getuid, geteuid, and getpwnam) and w32proc.c
(various process related functions such as new_child).

Beyond that, there were only relatively minor changes that were required.