Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:51:30 -0500

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 04:25:04PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Are anyone of you aware of any significant stability (or redisplay)
> > related bugs that we need to fix before 21.4 ?
>
> Emacs 21.1 was stable for me more than a year before it was released.
> The pretest phase found problems none of the developers ever saw.  Moral:
> don't make decisions about stability based on what people who read this
> forum tell you.

For me too (and I normally update from CVS _every single day_), but it's
still a good question I think, because every once in a [long] while a nasty
bug shows up which not everyone may notice, like the scrolling-sometimes-
trashes-the-screen problem that's come and gone for a while (I _think_ that's
fixed, currently, but since it's come back from the dead several times, I'm
ever-so-slightly nervous).

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.