server-start under Windows - revisited

From: Ben Key
Subject: server-start under Windows - revisited
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:39:40 -0500

I want to thank everyone who responded to my earlier message "server-start
under Windows."  The feedback was valuable.

I just want to review what needs to be done to accomplish my ultimate goal
of getting emacsclient to work under Windows.

1.  Modify server-start in server.el to detect if AF_LOCAL sockets are
available using the line

  (featurep 'make-network-process '(:family  local))

(Thanks go to to Kim F. Storm for this information.)

2. If AF_LOCAL sockets are not available, I need to then attempt to set the
server process using tcp sockets.  This I am not certain how to do.  Are TCP
sockets the same as INet?  Can I do this with the following?
            (setq server-process
                  (make-network-process
                   :name "server" :server t :noquery t
                   :service server-socket-name
                   :sentinel 'server-sentinel :filter 'server-process-filter
                   ;; We must receive file names without being decoded.
                   ;; Those are decoded by server-process-filter according
                   ;; to file-name-coding-system.
                   :coding 'raw-text))

3. Modify Emacsclient.c so that it supports TCP sockets under Windows.

Does this sound about right?