Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 05:20:11 -0500

    > Does this mean the code won't work with the Windows port of Gtk?

    I assume it does not work with MS Windows.  X specific calls in Gtk
    are used, as well as a lot of X calls in the ordinary Emacs code for X.

    The goal has been to reuse as much code unchanged as possible (see
    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/emacs-devel/2001-December/004383.html).

    Since I don't do MS Windows I don't know what effort would
    be required to make it work.  If one used only Gtk code instead of
    Xlib I assume it would run on MS Windows as well.  This is what I
    started to do, but then changed to the current X specific approach.

I think that is an ok approach.