Re: XPM via Lisp in the toolbar

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: XPM via Lisp in the toolbar
Date: 15 Nov 2002 15:06:30 +0000

>     But what to do with
>     the tool bar? On MS Windows this breaks the tool bar totally.
>
> Could you explain why it has that effect?  That is not obvious.  It is
> surprising that adding XPM support via conversion should break
> anything that worked previously.

Image support is very incomplete on MS-Windows. It works for the
standard PBM toolbar images and splash-screen, but as soon as you try
to do anything else, images either appear garbled or not at all.

I had some time last night to look more closely, and I think I now
have image masks working, and have fixed some of the more serious
bugs. So I should be able to send a patch later today, or tomorrow.

Although my gnu account has been enabled now, I have never been able
to figure out how to use SSH successfully.  William Perry gave me some
advice in November 2001 that worked when I tested it out, but I didn't
properly switch over from kerberos at the time, and that message is
not in the archives (the rest of the thread is). It is somewhat
confusing that the mail I received when my account was reenabled said
I must use SSH version 2, but the advice on savannah says I must use
SSH version 1, but I have tried both types of keys, and ssh always
ends up falling back to plaintext password mode.

If anyone can give clear instructions on getting OpenSSH going with
savannah, I would appreciate it.