Re: XPM via Lisp in the toolbar

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: XPM via Lisp in the toolbar
Date: 18 Nov 2002 19:38:33 +0000

Oliver Scholz <address@hidden> writes:

> The image mask seems to be supported only for `:mask 'heuristic'. This
> determines the image mask by looking at the four corners of the
> image. This is o.k. for almost any icon in the tool bar. But to get
> its job done correctly in the general case, xpm.el needs to specify a
> certain colour as the image mask, like: `:mask '(heuristic (0 0
> 0))'.

This is a bug, which I found last night. I will check in the fix
shortly. But shouldn't xpm.el use a monochrome image for the mask? I'm
not sure exactly how the heuristic algorithm works, but it would seem
there is a danger of confusing transparency with real black.

> Another thing is, that it seems that the :ascent attribute does not
> work; gamegrid.el needs to specify `:ascent 'center' for images.

I was wondering what was preventing gamegrid from working. Thanks.