Re: cc-vars.el

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: cc-vars.el
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:49:39 +0100

Martin Stjernholm <address@hidden> writes:

> An interesting angle is if something like the following can be used
> (although I'd consider this too a workaround rather than a solution):
>
>     (if (boundp 'fido)
>         (symbol-value 'fido))
>     (if (fboundp 'fred)
>         (funcall 'fred ...))

I use this approach in Tramp.  It's ugly, but there are no warnings.
I haven't thought (much) about efficiency in Tramp, as I'm working
under the assumption that the runtime is dominated by network traffic
anyway.

But I would really appreciate it if the byte-compiler could grok
(when (fboundp 'f) (f bla)).

kai