Re: Building Emacs with Cygwin

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Building Emacs with Cygwin
Date: 21 Nov 2002 22:04:52 +0000

Joe Buehler <address@hidden> writes:

> Juanma Barranquero wrote:
>
> > Anyway, if Joe Buehler supplies a patch against EMACS_21_1_RC or the
> > trunk I'm willing to try it again on a clean source tree.
>
> What's 21.1 RC?

EMACS_21_1_RC is the bugfix branch of CVS that will soon become
21.3.  For our purposes, we are more interested in patches against the
trunk, since that is where these patches would be installed, but
if the 21.2 patches are not installing cleanly against the
EMACS_21_1_RC branch you probably want to update them anyway so
Cygwin can release 21.3 as soon as it is released.

A script that does everything is not really what we want to test, but
I assume it is easy enough to separate your script into the separate
steps of patching the source, and building Emacs using the standard
"configure", "make", "make install" sequence.  The latter is most
interesting, as we have to expect the odd conflict when writing
patches for a moving target such as a live CVS tree.