Re: Building Emacs with Cygwin

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Building Emacs with Cygwin
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:44:07 +0100

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:39:36 -0500, Joe Buehler <address@hidden> wrote:

> I submitted the necessary 21.2 patches back in September
> on this list.  I have been told that they are being reviewed.

Hum... I'm not entirely sure there's anyone actively "reviewing them"
(but I could be wrong).

> Once they are merged in, I will be happy to grab the CVS and do
> a test build.  But I would like some notice when the merge does
> indeed happen, rather than polling CVS to see what's new.

IMHO, the best way to send the patches is against the current CVS
versions. Send patches that we can just install (against the trunk
and/or the RC), and it'll be easier to test them and try to detect what,
if anything, is wrong. That way is easier to check if your set up and,
say, mine are alike and what could be causing problems in my system that
do not appear in yours, or what should I change or test to make it work.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u