Re: Building Emacs with Cygwin

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Building Emacs with Cygwin
Date: 22 Nov 2002 19:05:48 +0000

Joe Buehler <address@hidden> writes:

> I submitted the necessary 21.2 patches back in September
> on this list.  I have been told that they are being reviewed.

I think Eli said he would look at them, but he also said he
was extremely busy, so it may be some time before he can get a
chance. Meanwhile, Juanma has looked at them, but had some trouble.

> Once they are merged in, I will be happy to grab the CVS and do
> a test build.  But I would like some notice when the merge does
> indeed happen, rather than polling CVS to see what's new.

Your current patches are against 21.2. We need patches against the CVS
head to do anything useful with them. I appreciate the work you have
put in to create these patches, but the work does not stop there. The
Emacs development team is stretched as it is, so we need you to commit
to maintaining these patches if we are to make them part of
Emacs. This includes bringing them up to date against the current CVS
tree before we do any merge.