Re: CVS with ssh

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: CVS with ssh
Date: 24 Nov 2002 13:03:19 +0100

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 22:51, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > When I use a cvs command I get the message :
> > Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
>
> I put
>
>     Host subversions.gnu.org
>       ForwardX11 no
>
> in ~/.ssh/config and stopped thinking about the issue.
>
> Maybe it's also possible to tell CVS to call ssh with the -x
> argument, but I don't know how.

It looks like ssh is writing a message to stdout that should actually go
to stderr, so that CVS can suppress it.  Kai is right that the easiest
fix is to silence this particular message.  To call ssh with -x from
CVS, it may be sufficient to set the CVS_RSH variable to "/usr/bin/ssh
-x", or you might write your own wrapper script that adds the option to
the command, and put the location of that wrapper script into CVS_RSH.

Which version of ssh is that?  One should probably file a bug report
about it.