Re: CVS with ssh

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: CVS with ssh
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:21:29 +0000

Andre Spiegel writes:

 > It looks like ssh is writing a message to stdout that should actually go
 > to stderr, so that CVS can suppress it.  Kai is right that the easiest
 > fix is to silence this particular message.  To call ssh with -x from
 > CVS, it may be sufficient to set the CVS_RSH variable to "/usr/bin/ssh
 > -x", or you might write your own wrapper script that adds the option to
 > the command, and put the location of that wrapper script into CVS_RSH.

Or is it that vc is reading stderr when it shouldn't ? If I use the
command :

cvs update -p -r 1.25 tooltip.el > tooltip.el~1.25~

then I have no problem and the line `Warning: Remote host denied X11
forwarding.'
goes to the screen.

 > Which version of ssh is that?  One should probably file a bug report
 > about it.

For the record `ssh -V' gives :

OpenSSH_2.9p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f

and I'm using Mandrake 8.1.

(And, of course, as Kai says, `ForwardX11 no' in ~/.ssh/config stops the
message.)

Nick