Re: cc-vars.el

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: cc-vars.el
Date: 24 Nov 2002 19:30:21 +0000

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> We don't want to encourage people to use brain dead tests like those.
> There's already (featurep 'xemacs) for such things.
> Maybe we should add to byte-opt.el the following snippet:

I meant to say the same thing.  I've long used an equivalent
implementation which may have slightly coloured my impression of
warnings, but it's not in what I'm currently running.

I'd also note [not to Stefan] that you can always eliminate code at
compile time if that's what you want:

(disassemble (byte-compile (lambda ()
                             (if (eval-when-compile (and (fboundp 'fred)
                                                         (featurep 'xemacs)))
                                 t)))
             (current-buffer))
  => nil