Re: add-log.el: Indenting broken.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: add-log.el: Indenting broken.
Date: 28 Nov 2002 15:35:10 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> > What do you use the TAB key for in ChangeLog files?
>
> You didn't ask me, but I'll give my answer anyway: I use it to reindent
> the change log text, like I do in other modes.

Ok, now I see what's going on -- I didn't try TAB in enough places.
It works fine if you're _after_ some change-log text (because the
preceding text will basically always start with a tab), but it screws up
if you're directly after a change-log header.

Now I agree, the new behavior is annoying, because it doesn't do the
right thing at the left-margin.

Something like the following seems appropriate to me:

(defun change-log-indent ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((cur-indent (current-indentation)))
    (cond ((> (current-column) cur-indent)
           (insert ?\t))
          ((= cur-indent 8)
           (move-to-column cur-indent))
          (t
           (delete-horizontal-space)
           (indent-to-column 8)))))

(set (make-local-variable 'indent-line-function) 'change-log-indent)

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!