emacsclient not working anymore on Mac OS X

From: William McCallum
Subject: emacsclient not working anymore on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:15:21 -0700

Since upgrading to 10.2.2 and recompiling emacs from cvs (21.3.50), I find that emacclient no longer connects to a running carbon emacs. For example

emacsclient --no-wait +100 file.tex
emacsclient: can't find socket; have you started the server?

This is despite the fact that the carbon emacs is running and the server has been started in my .emacs file with

(server-start)

Everything works fine with emacs 21.2.1 running under Xwindows

(520) 621 6697
http://www.math.arizona.edu/~wmc