Re: Hang in Emacs 21.3.50

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Hang in Emacs 21.3.50
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 09:05:57 -0500

     I have no clue and do not know how to debug a HANG using GDB.

See etc/DEBUG for a lot of advice.  You can stop Emacs by typing
C-z at the window where GDB is running.

    What you want is `(font . ,my-def-font) instead of '(font .
    my-def-font) -- the latter uses the symbol my-def-font as the font,
    the former evals it as a variable.

This is a bug in Dhruva's code, but it still seems wrong
for Emacs to loop--it ought to report an error.  Can someone
debug why it loops, and make it report a clean error?