Re: Mac OS X GNU Emacs Installer (make-package)

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: Mac OS X GNU Emacs Installer (make-package)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:23:27 -0800

As another aside, I think the make-package script should eventually be
rewritten in perl because of the guarantee that it exists on Mac OS X.
Any objections.

You mean script that currently uses /bin/sh?

I really don't think /bin/sh is going to go away...

Oh that's not what I meant at all, but it is what I wrote.

I think the script would be easier to maintain in perl than in /bin/sh. This is only interesting because Perl is guaranteed to be on the system (unlike most *nix flavours).

-Steven