Re: Status of shell-pcomplete integration?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Status of shell-pcomplete integration?
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 11:28:56 -0500

> > Good.  So let's change pcomplete-cycle-completions to nil at the
> > same time, to see whether people complain.
>
> I thought it was suggested that rather than disabling completion
> cycling altogether, we should prompt in the minibuffer while cycling
> is being done, notifying of how many alternatives are left to
> display...?

I think the priority is to switch over to pcomplete.
To maximize the chances of such a switch being accepted, we should
strive to preserve the current behavior as much as possible.
The behavior can later on be changed, but at first we should just
concentrate on getting pcomplete to behave "like the current code".

        Stefan