Re: Status of shell-pcomplete integration?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Status of shell-pcomplete integration?
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:52:53 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> I think the priority is to switch over to pcomplete.
> To maximize the chances of such a switch being accepted, we should
> strive to preserve the current behavior as much as possible.

Yes.  It's not really that the functionality is gone, people can
activate it with a single user option.  Later on, we can discuss to
change the default for that option.

But getting people to accept pcomplete everywhere is the difficult
part.  It promises tremendous benefit.

(The echo area message about remaining number of completions would be
cool nonetheless.  It might make me turn completion cycling back on :-)