Re: address@hidden: groff version 1.18.1 and emacs]

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: address@hidden: groff version 1.18.1 and emacs]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:55:16 +0100 (CET)

> groff version 1.18.1 gives wrongly formatted man-pages, thus not
> letting emacs display escape sequences correctly. With earlier groff
> versions, it works. Setting '(Man-fontify-manpage-flag nil) in my
> .emacs file is a way around this problem, but it's kind of ugly.

IIRC, this has already been answered on the emacs-devel list.

The easiest way currently is to use `setenv' and set the environment
variable GROFF_NO_SGR to 1 (within Emacs) in case the man program
hasn't been configured already to not use SGR.  The proper way is to
make Emacs understand SGR escape sequences.

    Werner