Re: gdba probs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: gdba probs
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 16:49:35 -0500

> Regarding the bunches of errors, they occur because you're using commands
> that stop/step at the instruction level (break *_start, stepi, etc).
> Handling these commands is on my TODO list. ;-)

I have no idea what this entails, but maybe it is related to another
wish of mine: to make it usable when running "gdb --fullname foo".
Right now, it seems that if gdb is not started with "--annotate=2"
gdba just "freezes" (typing stuff at gdb prompt leads nowhere).

I understand that with "gdb --fullname foo" most things won't work, but I'd
like to slowly merge M-x gdb and M-x gdba, so I think that the gdba
code should be made to work even if the underlying gdb process is not
configured as expected: it should then behave more or less like M-x gdb does.

> > BTW, note all the spurious `Mark set' and `Replaced 0 occurrences'
> > messages (I never set the mark or did any replacing) -- it looks like
> > some lisp code is using the `replace-string' function when it shouldn't
> > (generally lisp code shouldn't use it at all).
>
> I'm using replace-regexp which I know I shouldn't. The elisp manual does say
> this but doesn't offer an alternative. I have noticed in vc.el from
> emacs-20.7 :

C-h f replace-regexp ;-)

        Stefan