Re: emacs --pristine --> -vanilla

From: D . Goel
Subject: Re: emacs --pristine --> -vanilla
Date: 05 Dec 2002 17:30:59 -0500

> IMO, --pristine is a much better name, so at most it should be an alias.

Okay, I had just wanted to point out that xemacs already uses a
shortcut -vanilla so it will be nice to be compatible when we
too implement the shortcut.

> My understanding is that --pristine actually does a bit more, which
> actually makes it better than -q -no-site-file for what I see as the
> intended purpose (`what do you tell people to use when they report a
> bug').

I see.

> Why is it important that it be _exactly_ -q -no-site-file?

No reason really.  Now, with your above explanation, I take back that
request.

PS: Thanks for your other followup re: google searches, i tried and did
work.  And thanks for the followup, Stefan.

DG                                 http://deego.gnufans.org/~deego/