Re: address@hidden: groff version 1.18.1 and emacs]

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: address@hidden: groff version 1.18.1 and emacs]
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 08:17:05 +0100 (CET)

>     Making Emacs understand SGR is much better.
>
> Do you want to make Emacs understand SGR?
> Otherwise, I don't know if anyone will do it.

Emacs already has code for that (written by Eli mainly for his DOS
port).  The question is how to make it available for man.el.

BTW, xterm natively supports SGR since a longer time already.  The
same is true for the console of GNU/Linux.  It's a kind of irony that
e.g. `groff -Tlatin1 -man foo.1' sent to xterm displays nicely while
`man foo' doesn't if not configured properly.

    Werner