Re: GTK patches part 2

From: Eric Gillespie
Subject: Re: GTK patches part 2
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:08:19 -0500

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I don't usually add include:s unless needed.  For example,
> xterm.h includes X11 headers who in turn includes a lot of standard
> headers.  If what is needed gets included that way, I'm fine with it.

You can't rely on that.  If *you* make reference to symbols or
macros, *you* need to include the appropriate header file,
regardless of whether or not some other header you include also
needs that header file.  Sometimes people just dump all their
includes into one local header file and just include that.  It
gets the job done, but then each file isn't explicitly declaring
what it needs.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> address@hidden

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett