Re: gdba probs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gdba probs
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:45:16 -0500

    Their meaning is indeed obvious when they're not empty.
    When they're empty, the buffer name gives a good hint, but I'm not
    sure it's enough to make it "obvious".

When they are empty of real contents, they should instead display some
text that explains what the window is for and how to use it.

    Agreed.  Only displaying them when there's something to display would
    also solve the above "problem".

Many users will like that feature, but I think it would be good to
implement the help text also.