Re: GTK patches part 2

From: Eric Gillespie
Subject: Re: GTK patches part 2
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:04:30 -0500

> config.h does indeed include stdlib.h, so I think the question is, how
> did it happen that stdlib.h failed to get included when you tried
> this?  That could be a bug, but it would be a bug in a different
> place.

As i think i said in another post, my suggesting stdlib.h was
over-zealousness on my part.  The missing stdio.h was real (got
an error about stderr reference) and noticed malloc usage while
i was there.  Bad assumptions lead to bad advice.

In another post, Jan reveals why the stdio.h problem was not
obvious until i tried to build: s/gnu-linux.h includes stdio.h.
This sort of thing is bound to happen again in the future, which
is why i suggest that it is better to include the headers you
need, rather than relying on system-dependent header files to do
it for you.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> address@hidden

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett