Re: GTK patches part 2

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GTK patches part 2
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:05:13 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Eric Gillespie wrote:

> In another post, Jan reveals why the stdio.h problem was not
> obvious until i tried to build: s/gnu-linux.h includes stdio.h.
> This sort of thing is bound to happen again in the future, which
> is why i suggest that it is better to include the headers you
> need, rather than relying on system-dependent header files to do
> it for you.

FWIW, I agree.  I didn't check in this particular case, but I'm guessing
that s/gnu-linux.h included stdio.h because it used something from that
header.  Other system-dependent headers might not do that.  Including
stdio.h in each of the *.c files that use stdio will thus prevent
compilation problems on some platforms.