Re: Emacs 21.2.93 - NFS issue

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.2.93 - NFS issue
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:53:46 +0530

Hello,

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:08:26 -0500, "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden>
said:
> Would you please propose a diff to etc/PROBLEMS?

I am not sure as to how to generate a diff for patch to use. I have used
the following command and option to get the diff.

command used:diff.exe -c PROBLEMS PROBLEMS.new

*** PROBLEMS    Wed Dec  4 18:08:23 2002
--- PROBLEMS.new        Fri Dec 13 09:36:14 2002
***************
*** 541,548 ****

      emacs: ASCII text, with no line terminators

! We don't know what exactly causes this failure.  A work-around is to
! build Emacs in a directory on a local disk.

  * Accented ISO-8859-1 characters are displayed as | or _.

--- 541,550 ----

      emacs: ASCII text, with no line terminators

! However, reports of successfull builds on W2K built in a directory
mounted
! via NFS have been reported. Since there has not been extensive testing,
! we don't know what exactly causes this failure or a fix. A safe

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Home: http://www.geocities.com/gnued/