Re: Problem with the RETURN key

From: Andrew Choi
Subject: Re: Problem with the RETURN key
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:17:01 -0700

Ovidiu Predescu <address@hidden> writes:

> With the latest CVS I get a really weird problem on MacOS X. The
> return key does not seem to work anymore on my TiBook 800MHz. The only
> way I can make it to work is if I press the Function key on the
> keyboard. When I hook up a USB keyboard to the laptop, the return key
> on this is still not functional, but the return key on the keypad
> works just fine.  [...]

I don't have access to a TiBook so I cannot check this.  Please check
whether RET is recognized at all by Emacs.  I.e., what does

  (read-event)

evaluate to when you hit the return key?  The most recent change to key
handle I can think of is the following.

2002-10-04  Steven Tamm  <address@hidden>

        * macterm.c (keycode_to_xkeysym_table): Change return to be
        treated like an X keysym.

But it was done quite a while ago.  But you should probably start
looking there.