Gtk patch version 2, part 1

From: Jan D.
Subject: Gtk patch version 2, part 1
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:22:15 +0100 (CET)

Hello.

Here is the diff for modified files for the GTK port.  New files are posted
separately.  I hope this diff makes it without corruption this time.

I have corrected everything that was commented on in the first version,
except Richards suggestion to modify the way events to toolkits gets
dropped or not, I have not explored this in detail yet for Xt.

Scrollbar problems is fixed, although some borderline cases look strange
(but they also look strange with Motif).

Geometry problem remains, I haven't nailed that down yet.  Specifically
-g -0-0 does not end up at -0-0, the menu bar is not taken into account.
+X+Y works OK as well as -X+Y.  Only -Y is off.

Detachable menus works, but dissapears unexpectedly.  This is due to the
bas update of widgets in the menu tree.  When the "original" menu
is removed, the detachable menu is also removed.  So if one detach "File"
for example, that goes well.  But then a click on the menubar recreates
widgets (destroying old) so the detached menu vanishes.

This is also why detachable popups does not work.  Or rather they do work,
but the popup menu is removed at once it is popped down, so the
detachable menu is also removed.  In principle, you will never see it,
it goes too fast.  I must keep menus that has detachable "children" around
longer.

Still to do:
  Geometry problems.
  Detachable menu problem.
  NEWS and ChangeLog entries.
  Documentation about widgets used and their names so one can customize them.
  Bugs I don't know about yet.
  Help for menus (can possibly checkin without this).
  GTK toolbar (after checkin I think).

Please comment,

        Jan D.