Re: Gtk patch version 2, part 1

From: Eric Gillespie
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 2, part 1
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 05:42:41 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, I tried putting the following:
>
>    style "emacs-menubar-font" { font = "URW Gothic L 10" }
>    widget "emacs-menubar" style "emacs-menubar-font"
>
> in ~/.gtkrc-2.0, and it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Sorry, but as i said in my message you got that from, that is
only an example.  I do not know what name (if any) Jan has used
for the menubar.

> No obvious effect though.  I noticed that some old .gtkrc files used
> `widget_class "*"' so I tried doing that now too (replacing `widget
> "emacs-menubar"'), but that didn't do anything either, so maybe where
> it's getting the general gtk theme from is overriding this file...

No, the 'widget' directive is definitely what you want.  See
<http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtk-resource-files.html>
for more information.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> address@hidden

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett