Re: Minor problem in "Apropos" - 21.2.93

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Minor problem in "Apropos" - 21.2.93
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:02:00 -0500

    The problem is when environment variable "EMACSPATH" is set to something
    other than where the emacs.exe resides.
    The variable "exec-directory" is set using "EMACSPATH" env variable and
    not argv[0]. Hence, it is very easy to confuse by setting "EMACSPATH" to
    a wrong location.

Perhaps the code for choosing which element in EMACSPATH should be
exec-directory should be made smarter.  However, since the fns file
will be disappearing, I don't think we should put much effort now
into fixing it up.  You should just make the right directory be
first in EMACSPATH.

It would be good to add something to PROBLEMS about this.  Would you like
to write an entry?